Sunday 9 June 2013

Why I Write


Images and ideas are created, memories are reconnected and developed within me before putting them into the words I write. Was this always done in the past? Not at all. It was as if it came out of no where didn't it? In fact it did, like a stealth ninja ambush if you may. I've acted like this nearly all my life, just put thought into it and you'll notice it. Like looking into a picture on a wall that is consistent and harmonious, you stare a little longer and then BAM! Here I am. You won't even know what hit you. I guess I can't help it, I just have the element of surprise in a strange unique way.






Ok, maybe not quite like this... all the time...

So, why do I do it? Why is it that I started writing and expressing myself to everyone things I have never shared with anyone before. There are many reasons so let's see what I'll share this time.


To start off, writing wasn't as welcomed by me in the past, in particular when associated with school work. In school you are made to write a lot and it sure helps you develop the skills and knowledge. I read material that is assigned, topics gets discussed and I write essays after essays. I was to do research about a certain matter and write pages of report of it. I sit in my room and dread looking at the blank page or finding what sentence to write next. Papers come back to me and marks aren't good usually. You can see why I don't like writing for school work. 

In high school, they make you read novels, Shakespeare stories and such. Then literary devices are talked about and you are to connect those with what you read in essays. Oh man, someone give me some sushi to ease my pain of even thinking about writing those again, that's how dreadful it was. Why? It's cause I have no care and interest about reading those, about the literary terms and putting them together in essays. Ok, I can manage reading and learning about the stories but, dammit I don't care about writing about them. I don't care about connecting pathetic fallacy and what-not in essays. They don't intrigue me at the slightest. And what happens when I write about things of no interest to me? Well, I get discouraging marks and the torture of writing those papers which makes me want to do this: 




I dislike what I had to write about and teachers didn't like what I wrote. Well, screw you and your education system of bull shit.




The contents that I wrote and shared not too long ago, I wrote them because I cared about writing those. I had importance in writing them and didn't go through agony doing so. They were matters where I wanted to put in time and effort to express. I write to write about things I care about. 

Questions and misunderstandings. I want to answer any questions I've encountered about me. There are those who want to know and I can have a hard time communicating the answers. I write to place an understanding of me. 

Stories, dreams, memories, and goals. I have so much of them bottled up inside waiting to be discovered and displayed. I look to find them and push them out with a purpose. I write because I have stories to tell. 

I am writing and will write everyday to become a better writer. There's always room for improvement and much to learn. I have no problem working hard at it and the passion is strong. It has become one of the many big goals I am pursuing. A goal 500 to 1,000 words will be written a day and the stories will come. My day is filled with activities to enhance my life and to soar higher. It's beautiful out and I'm flying with the wingtips!










No comments:

Post a Comment