Friday 31 May 2013

The Traits That Defines Us Part Two

As a Melancholy and a Phlegmatic, it's no secret that I will be in my head a lot. It is like another world that I live in. I can be off somewhere daydreaming and relaxed like the typical Phlegmatic or, I can find myself reflecting deeply on certain matters. The melancholic mood brings upon pleasure and longing when a memory is recollected. These thoughts are inevitable and isn't a concern. It is my nature to behave this way with my temperament. The real threat is being in solitude too long and/or having any negative thoughts, bring me to a state of mind of falling somewhere so deep that getting out will be a rough battle. Something that a melancholic person can be a victim of.

Although I have gone through those states at times to a certain degree, I haven't allowed it to swallow me. I found ways to break out of it quickly enough. I know of the positives that I can bring myself back to and it's been easier once I understood myself a lot more.

So, if those thoughts are inevitable, how do I deal with it? I have come to a realization of how to handle this better in the past year and more so recently. It is to simply keep myself occupied. To have my mind be busy and led away from the wrong path. This reduces the time allowed for negative state of minds and gets me to work on my passions, strengths and gain new skills.

Being alone in my room for a long time slowly eats me up and makes me feel trapped in the confinement of the walls. I have to get out of there throughout my day and go out to do things. To the close friends that I lived with the past few years in university, the frequent times that I went out of our home alone during the past half year, it was to distract my mind away from it all. In doing this, I find myself expressing my creative mind with writing, learning more and getting the enjoyment from reading, venturing to new places, or just having a nice walk outdoors.

Lastly, the Phlegmatic side of me expresses an easy-going and calm attitude. Anyone I know well enough who catches me or I happen to stumble upon, will usually get a quirky greeting with a welcoming smile. Those that hang out with me should notice that usually I will be smiling a lot, listening and drifting off. I'll say or do weird things to cause laughter to break the awkward tension or when I have too much attention on me.

I try and steer away from conflict as much as I can. I dislike the yelling and arguing from people I know. With conflicts between friends, the disturbance can lead to bad outcomes, especially when it calls upon me to react quickly. It can deter me from making rational decisions and make me do something that I will regret later. My apologies. On the other hand, going out you can run into some cocky assholes who like to cause trouble towards others. If they still don't fuck off when I tell them to and cross the line, then I will have to do something I don't like. Don't make me resort to do something like this:





  


On lighter note, my comfort level in staying in the middle ground of things, annoys my mother and sister when they seek my opinion, of which I can only laugh at, teasingly. 




Understanding myself better is opening up new opportunities for me. I'll continue to keep myself active to the things I like. Interesting stories will be written that I hope to share in the near future. I will embark on new adventures of activities for enjoyment and to meet fun individuals. My friends, I will find new pleasures in my life. To anyone that wants to and can understand and connect with me, you will get an enriching experience, see the mystery fun side of me that very few have of been exposed to, and witness a lot of sushi consumption!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment